[RV480.1447] Thea for SketchUp 2017 and older

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Is it a constantly reproducible scenario with a specific scene? If yes and we can follow your instructions to reproduce the problem with a specific scene then we can of course fix this.
“ No man ever made a great discovery without the exercise of the imagination. ”
— George Henry Lewes
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I'll try different scenes on my home 1070 rig and check if this is reproducible.
With the same file on my office Titan X rig (same thea4SU version, same nvidia driver), it works flawlessly (presto MC bucketed network render).
This is very weird.

EDIT: I've got the same error on my Titan X rig so I guess is a file or scene issue.
I'll dig it.
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

You may have stored rendering settings in a scene. When you select it, they are getting loaded, hence bucket may get disabled. Isn't it no the case?
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz wrote:You may have stored rendering settings in a scene. When you select it, they are getting loaded, hence bucket may get disabled. Isn't it no the case?
Nope. The error was due to a corrupted component. I'm sorry. Nothing to do with the version of the plugin.
Nevertheless it would be easier if Thea console log could precise where the error comes from... :?
Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Well even if it is a corrupt component it would be good to know what the corrupt component was so that we can take this into account. The defacto rule is always render no matter what happens. So if we need to add a contingency scenario here it would be useful to know just what that issue was.
— George Henry Lewes
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Anthony wrote:Well even if it is a corrupt component it would be good to know what the corrupt component was so that we can take this into account. The defacto rule is always render no matter what happens. So if we need to add a contingency scenario here it would be useful to know just what that issue was.
I successfully cornered and nailed the culprit component/proxy.
The error is totally 100% reproducible. It's even funny because the first time I launch the bucket Presto render it detects the VRAM correctly (but without using the GPU for rendering), and the second time it says not enough memory (component=3Mb vs Titan X VRAM=12Gb) lololol
Do you want me to send you the file? :D
Last edited by quickit on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

That would be very helpful indeed :)
— George Henry Lewes
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Did you find anything?
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

quickit wrote:Did you find anything?
Yes, the proxy uses Fresnel ramp in an emitter. This is not supported yet and there wasn't a "safety check" for this, so it results in a crash.
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Ok thanks Tomasz for the hint :D

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”