SketchUp Lights Showroom

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

Rombout

But i still find the falloff quite harsh, there is no difference that i notice when i set a hot spot of 2 with falloff 30 or 90. Its still has about he same light to dark 'gradient'. Just like the left spotlight you showed in the prior post.
Slinger
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you for this guide Tomasz. I seem to always have a bit of trouble on my interior renders with light sources. This is defiantly going to help solve my issues.
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Can someone share this as a thea.pack instead of skp please ?

Edit: Really ? Anybody? Btw i dont get it. Why this example scene is made only for skp and why ies scene for studio is still there while it is outdated in terms of lightning process?
Rombout

I really think you should make this tutorial also available for other users. Perhaps make a PDF of this or a video, because this doesnt only apply to SU.

Also why are a lot materials setup very easy and sort fake. Of course you wont get fire flies and noise then, that's what's always the issue. The tutorial itseld is really excellent start and well explained. But adding a bit more realism to the scene like we try with are own scene is perhaps better option. I understand all info is about the techniques how to use them and them up. But still ....

EDIT
did a quick test the standaard room went from 7m to couple before it was sort of noise free. :mrgreen:
Attachments
LightROom_Adjusted_172sp_3h43m_exp.jpg
MichaelSiggers
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Good Evening

I’m hoping this is a really simple question.

I’m working on a design for a client and the ceiling lights specified are strip LED lights from a nominated supplier.

It’s good because I’ve downloaded the IES file for these lights and it works great.

However, how do I ‘rotate’ the light? Some of the 1.2m long lights are perpendicular to others. The IES light icon in Thea is a modified spotlight, as in circular.

Hope that makes sense. Basically I want to rotate it so it matches the orientation of the light fitting.

Kind regards

Mike

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”