[SKP] Fog and Cloud sample models

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

rangrstudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

The fog feature is amazing and is a game-changer. These images are beautiful and I am looking forward to my next project renderings!
One question / feature request: is it possible to have the fog base be a negative number? I have a project on a hillside, and my project floor is at 0m, but then the hillside slopes down from there. I could simply move the model, but it is geo-located so we have accurate terrain and we can import the model into Google Earth, which is essential for context images (for permits etc).
Thanks again!
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Anyone else notice or have the same issue?
When on interactive render, the DOF is showing up.

Looks somewhat like this: had to add the DOF in post to show the example on the objects closest to camera)
La Grange 04-Scene 38 6hrs Pixlr.jpeg
But, after bucket rendering, there is no DOF
La Grange 04-Scene 38 6hrs.png
Actually, this is a an interactive render that ran for about 30 minutes. Though the DOF was obvious within a minute, I let it cook. This confirms that the DOF is working.... until I render for real.
La Grange 04 Property ISO-Scene 38 interactive DOF.png
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

whiterabbit wrote:The new global medium fog is a great addition to the tools and simplifies the previous methods to get these effects.
I downloaded your sample files and had a question about the pathway. (see attached quick render) If i render the scene without global medium it still looks like there is fog in the image background. It doesn't appear to be a IBL BG so curious where this is coming from as I would expect a totally clean look without it?
Thanks
Hi! I think that the blurriness of the HDR image that was used in IBL is what makes it look like fog.
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

fdreise wrote:Could you reload the scene in su8 format, thanks in advance ? (i hope it's not my su16 acting strange since i haven't read anyone else with the same issue here).
The Pathway scene in the first post has been reuploaded in SU8 format! :)
Hieru
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

george wrote:Hi! I think that the blurriness of the HDR image that was used in IBL is what makes it look like fog.
That's probably a good tip for anyone working on a scene with heavy fog i.e. either use the supplied lighting-only version of an HDR, or make a blurred version of the HDR you want to use.
fdreise
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

george wrote:
fdreise wrote:Could you reload the scene in su8 format, thanks in advance ? (i hope it's not my su16 acting strange since i haven't read anyone else with the same issue here).
The Pathway scene in the first post has been reuploaded in SU8 format! :)
Great, thanks :thumbup:

Greetings,

Folchert.
whiterabbit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

george wrote:
whiterabbit wrote:The new global medium fog is a great addition to the tools and simplifies the previous methods to get these effects.
I downloaded your sample files and had a question about the pathway. (see attached quick render) If i render the scene without global medium it still looks like there is fog in the image background. It doesn't appear to be a IBL BG so curious where this is coming from as I would expect a totally clean look without it?
Thanks
Hi! I think that the blurriness of the HDR image that was used in IBL is what makes it look like fog.
I thought so too but as you can see the background IBL is blank. the only item checked is illumination, but assumed that channel is only acting as a light source and would show any physical attributes in the render?
Attachments
fog ibl.JPG
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

When you activate only the firs ibl slot for ilumination, it feeds the image automatically tp every slot, including background. The same thing happens in studio.

Your background is the ibl.

Click the EXT button to turn it off and activate thea sky.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
rangrstudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Any response to setting the base fog to a negative number?

Thanks!
seraleklee1
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I tried in several ways to use this new Thearender function for SketchUp. but I did not succeed. :( Some tutorials exist on the net. Thank you
i9 7920X - Zotac 3070 TI - 32 gb ram

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”