[SKP] Fog and Cloud sample models

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I'll ask again:
Could those scenes be exported from SU to Studio and uploaded somewhere so that others can have a look at the values used?

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
Rombout

george wrote:You need to use the slider from the SketchUp material editor. Not in the Thea Tool window.
Can you show me which slider you mean? or do you mean the transparency slider of the SU material translucency?

EDIT
I did the test my self. Indeed this does effect the medium quite drastically. Perhaps its me, but perhaps you need to make this a bit more clear that its the su color translucency that effects this. I was thinking some slider in the thea camera tool would do this for editing the material.
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

Indeed. I will change the article so that it is clear.
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hello.

Base level and Top level are related to model space and not camera space?
EDIT: ok confirmed. Model space. Makes more sense as it's not camera dependent.

btw Is it possible to simulate a gradient ramp? a fog denser near the bottom (base level) and gradually lighter towards the top?
silic
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

quickit wrote:
btw Is it possible to simulate a gradient ramp? a fog denser near the bottom (base level) and gradually lighter towards the top?
+1
Silic
processeur Intel i7 CPU X990 3.47GHz - 24 Go mémoire - carte vidéo 1x Nvidia gtx 690 + 1x gtx titan
- windows 7 64 - Sketchup 8/2013/2014 - Shaderlight - Photoshop - vray su - twilight - terragen 2 - moi - thearender ...
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

use a medium box with a uv mapped gradient and use the gradient map as clipping..
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

nigec wrote:use a medium box with a uv mapped gradient and use the gradient map as clipping..
I have to test this :D
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I think it worked better with amc or the TR's, try with the top transparent, and maybe single sided.. its been awhile :oops:

Another way is have low level lights.. this pic had lights behind trees and GM and probably a light sphere as the environment.. this is Thea beta days
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
man
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

the fog is a realy great feature. i am testing it right now with adaptive AMC. :P . it seems like the fog does not work in presto AO. the fog becomes black.

is it possible to add bucket rendering in adaptive AMC within the plugin? and can we use our GPU with adaptive AMC.
man
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

one more thing, can the FOG DENSITY be more precise like 0.1 or 0.01

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”