[DONE] : Laubwerk for SketchUp and Studio >>RV480+

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: Tomasz

Pixero
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I believe the current support for Thea is "experimental" so they don't advertise it yet.
You could try if it works for you.
laubwerk
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi everybody
somebody already mentioned that we released our current version of Laubwerk for SketchUp. While we do not advertise the Thea support, because it is still being worked on, it generally does work, so all of you who are interested are invited to give it a spin. Just keep in mind that you are testing a feature that is not yet officially supported.

Our press release can be found here:
www.laubwerk.com/home/sale-update-and-sketchup/

The Plants Kit Freebie (which now contains the SketchUp support) is here:
www.laubwerk.com/store/plants-kit-freebie

Also it is worthwhile mentioning that we have a 25% off sale from black friday to cyber monday, so if you try it and it works well, you can still pick up a considerable discount on all Plants Kits.

Best
Timm
Rombout

probably windows only right?

So we take out the models for vray and replaced them with thea mods?
laubwerk
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Been thanked: 0

Hi Rombout,
Rombout wrote:probably windows only right?
we support both, Windows and Mac OS.
Rombout wrote:So we take out the models for vray and replaced them with thea mods?
You don't have to do anything. It is fully automated. Just give it a spin.

Best
Timm
Rombout

okay thanks, ps sorry to say but finding the correct page to download is takes a lot clicking on your site. I was searching like hell to find it. In the new release and black friday post there is not one link to the correct page for downloading it :mrgreen:
Rombout

OSX 10.11.6
SU 2015

Ehmm you should some of your models. I did some digging :mrgreen: i opened the xml file, the file created in a temp file, in studio and noticed missing textures. I also nice if leaf materials have translucency on. Its also missing a bump map, i see a black file no texture linked. It didnt gave any warning of missing textures. That was on the Kentia Palm.

The Plumeria Rubra has a colored texture in the bump map, no reflection map. I also think you should adjust the material settings more. Everything is set to basic, no color adjustements, no contrast, no gamma, etc etc.

Other then that it works very nice, i like that player a lot. Great with all the details and such. PS it doesnt update when you check the seasons is that correct?

ALso there is something woring with the mesh density leaf amount. When i set it to 10%, the leaves fo beserk and scale up insane amount. But when is set the 10% on a second model, the first one rendered okay. I think the 10% somehow gets mixed with leaf scaling in your code.

EDIT
Sorry, i just read that its normal behavior, my bad. Perhaps a naming which is more logical? Sorry im non English speaking person, my interpretation of the word amount is perhaps different then.
But the textures arent set properly, make a huge difference. But thinking about it again, its setup for Vray so that probably explains. I checked the ruby files real quick and that confirmed it for me.
Attachments
Kentia palm missing textures and wrong material setup
Kentia palm missing textures and wrong material setup
leave density goes beserk
leave density goes beserk
dbalex
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Rombout, How did you get them to work with sketchup and thea? I only get this simplified shape of the tree.
laubwerk test.jpg
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

dbalex wrote:How did you get them to work with sketchup and thea? I only get this simplified shape of the tree.
Use the most recent version of Thea for SketchUp, please (RV480 or higher in a future).
silic
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Rombout wrote:OSX 10.11.6
SU 2015

I also nice if leaf materials have translucency on.
The Plumeria Rubra has a colored texture in the bump map, no reflection map. I also think you should adjust the material settings more. Everything is set to basic, no color adjustements, no contrast, no gamma, etc etc.
+1 :thumbup:
Silic
processeur Intel i7 CPU X990 3.47GHz - 24 Go mémoire - carte vidéo 1x Nvidia gtx 690 + 1x gtx titan
- windows 7 64 - Sketchup 8/2013/2014 - Shaderlight - Photoshop - vray su - twilight - terragen 2 - moi - thearender ...
valerostudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Just saw an email from Ronen and was bummed it was for VRay only and then I saw this posting. This is pretty incredible! If we buy any of the plant sets, they will be available to use with this plugin?
Matthew Valero ASAI

Return to “Support & Feedback (SketchUp)”