[FIXED] Unable to Save Thea Image in Presto AO & MC <<RV270

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: Tomasz

pappleby
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Application: Thea for SketchUp
Version: 1.4.05
Revision: 1.4.05.259.1261 x64
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
Description of your issue: Input/Output Issue
Do you think this is a new bug? Yes
Does this affect your work flow? Yes
Is your bug recurrent i.e are you able to reproduce the issue every time? Yes

Steps: Interesting bug I just came across and performed a little investigation. I was working on a project where I had multiple channels selected to render in Presto MC when I came across this. I was able to save all of the channels with All Channels, but I wanted to save a Thea Image as well in case I wanted to come back and make some studio adjustments. Unfortunately, every time I attempted to save the Thea Image, it would not generate the file. I was able to save each channel individually as a png, jpeg, tiff,hdr, exr, or as a Thea scene but never the Thea Image. I tested it with a raw new file and tried it with both Presto AO and MC and got the same result. As soon as I removed all the channels so all that was rendering was the color image, I could save the Thea Image. I could add one channel to be created with the color and it would save just fine. As soon as I got into multiple channels (where the default save option to pop up was All Channels), I was running into the error again. In order to get it to work again, I would have to remove all the channels first before re-selecting a single channel to render. Just found out the error also occurs when trying to save a Thea Scene Package.

Additional Details
Memory: 16 GB
CPU: i7 4790
Graphics Adapter #1 (Model, GPU Memory, Driver version): Nvidia Geforce GTX 760, 2 GB, 350.12
Graphics Adapter #2 (Model, GPU Memory, Driver version): Nvidia Geforce GTX 760, 2 GB, 350.12
Power Supply: Corsair 650 W
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

I'm not sure if this is an actual bug...
I assume that it's a missing feature with the Presto engines... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

I can save img.thea all right here with all channels.

Your Gfx card has only 2GB of RAM. This won't be enough to fit all channels at higher resolution. Enable bucket rendering, please.
pappleby
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sorry. Should have been clearer. I performed Presto MC & Presto AO with bucket render (I always select it for all my Presto renders) and was running into this problem. I also was testing with the default 800x600 resolution every time with the default SketchUp file. I never had this issue with any of the prior releases and was rendering +3000px images before with bucket render selected without any problems. I also have twin GTX 760s to help distribute the memory load.
pappleby
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz. Just reinstalled Thea for Sketchup and still running into the same problem with bucket render enabled and running at 800x600 with the default Sketchup file as the test bed so there should be zero memory issues handling that. It still won't create the Thea Image. When I export it as a scene to Thea Studio, I have no problem saving it as a Thea image from there. Thoughts?
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Would you be able to say what was the last version that was saving .img.thea fine for you? If you revert to it, does it still allow you to save it?
pappleby
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Just reinstalled Thea for Sketchup 1.4.04.254.1252 (so last revision before .1261) and had no problem saving the Thea Image.
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Can you show what set of channels do you use in a screenshot, please?
pappleby
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sure no problem. Screen shots attached. I tried a few other combinations with the same result. It appears that it won't create the Thea Image with any combination of channels selected when 2 or more channels are created. Hope this shines some light on what's going on.
Attachments
Presto 1.jpg
Presto 2.jpg
Presto 3.jpg
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

I have replicated it with RV259. It is already fixed in our internal build.
Unfortunately we cannot offer a workaround until a new revision will be released.

Return to “Support & Feedback (SketchUp)”