Altair Inspire Render beta 2 opened to the public

Everything related to Altair Inspire Render beta

Moderator: claudio

claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Rombout

you probably downloaded the wrong version because Inspire Render IS a standalone renderer only.
Where did you see NURBS there?

Below is a snapshot of Inspire Render's ribbon, can you please point me to a single tool for modeling?
RenderRibbon.jpg
You should probably try a software before going into a rant about what you THINK it is, which has nothing to do to what it REALLY is...

Thanks,
-Claudio
Rombout

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 pm

I was looking at the video's from the page
Rombout

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Frankych wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm
and no proper settings for the camera such as aperture and shutter speed.
If i understand it properly, right-clicking the IR rendering button gives you the settings menu. See the middle video around 1:08. But im not sure if that is for all camera's or if you can have multiple camera's. Ill try it tonight, first i need to download this HUGE puppy.
Javadevil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:32 am

Just to confirm the only new render features are Denoise and Filmic Tonemapping ?
Theres no Speed increases? no optimising code ? No fur, No VBD,
Waiting all this time for Ioannis to integrate Thea render engines into Altair Inspire Studio?
Just crazy, you take a look at what Random Control have done with Fryrender to Arion now Maverick and us old Thea uses get Denoise, Filmic tonemapping and a new UI thats crazy
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:09 am

Javadevil wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:32 am

Theres no Speed increases? no optimising code ?
https://youtu.be/x46A0_b75Qg?t=62
Compare to v1.5 with the version 2.1, Presto engine version 2.1 is faster.
Last edited by panagiotis on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to be more precise, I forgot to name the engine.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:16 am

The standalone Inspire Render is using Thea SDK v2.1, which means it has same or similar features that are available on all published Thea v2.1 integrations. There is a whole team working on that product, if it feels a step back in some cases compared to Thea Studio v1.5, that's probably because it is another whole thing programmed from scratch. We didn't try to extend Thea Studio v1.5 before getting most of its functionality on board and surely there are still missing things.

The UI is unified with the Inspire Studio (modeler), that's probably the reason it feels more a modeling application. But that 's the beginning step only; this is a beta and, actually, the very first version published ever of the new application and there will be plenty of things to be adjusted and added.

Greetings
These users thanked the author giannis for the post:
panagiotis (Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:17 am)
Rating: 4%
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
jenujacob
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:05 am

giannis wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:16 am
The standalone Inspire Render is using Thea SDK v2.1, which means it has same or similar features that are available on all published Thea v2.1 integrations. There is a whole team working on that product, if it feels a step back in some cases compared to Thea Studio v1.5, that's probably because it is another whole thing programmed from scratch. We didn't try to extend Thea Studio v1.5 before getting most of its functionality on board and surely there are still missing things.

The UI is unified with the Inspire Studio (modeler), that's probably the reason it feels more a modeling application. But that 's the beginning step only; this is a beta and, actually, the very first version published ever of the new application and there will be plenty of things to be adjusted and added.

Greetings
hello G!
if that's the case, would a person having Thea for Sketchup need to invest in Inspire render? would all features be identical in both products?
Earlier, thea for sketchup was a plugin that would access thea render 1.5. Now as i understand it, thea for sketchup is an independent application that runs on the same SDK lets say. Correct?
Win10 x64 | Intel i7-3930K| GeForce GTX 680 4gb DDR | GeForce 630GT| 32Gb Ram
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 am

jenujacob wrote:
if that's the case, would a person having Thea for Sketchup need to invest in Inspire render?
That I don't know. It is up to the individual whether he needs one or both products.
jenujacob wrote:
Would all features be identical in both products?
Earlier, thea for sketchup was a plugin that would access thea render 1.5. Now as i understand it, thea for sketchup is an independent application that runs on the same SDK lets say. Correct?
Features coming from the engine/SDK are identical. Now, implementations will differ and there may be different approaches for certain features. For example, the material editor in these two products is different. This is to be expected, since the user interface is influenced by the host application itself and the users in mind. :geek:

That said:
a) We do things on the basis of having common practices as much as possible.
b) We move along the line of making (all) the integrations feature complete.

Greetings
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am

Rombout wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 pm
I was looking at the video's from the page
:thumbup:

@Claudio: which makes it necessary to add tutorials specifically for Inspire Render. The tutorials on the page are using Inspire Studio interface (Inspire Studio is the modeling+rendering application, Inspire Render is the rendering application).
jenujacob
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am

i will be honest here... i am looking at the openGL realtime rendering (which i understand is 'experimental' now). Hopefully this feature would be implemented in Thea for Sketchup! :D Like i have said elesewhere, real time is the future of ArchViz.
Win10 x64 | Intel i7-3930K| GeForce GTX 680 4gb DDR | GeForce 630GT| 32Gb Ram